Pulmonary rehabilitation combines exercise training with educational programs designed to help patients with Chronic Respiratory Disease (COPD) to control their symptoms and improve their daily activities.
Patients with COPD include those with diagnoses of emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis and asthma.
To help improve a patient’s quality of life, Sunrise Pulmonary Group offers programs that:
- Decrease respiratory symptoms and complications
- Encourage self-management and control over daily activities
- Improve physical conditioning and exercise performance
- Improve emotional well-being
- Decrease fatigue
- Increase endurance
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program includes education with therapeutic exercise and activities. Physicians, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, and dietitians work together to create a comprehensive program designed to meet the unique need of each patient. Our program includes:
- Anatomy and physiology of the lungs
- Stress management
- Breathing retraining
- Home exercise program
- Pulmonary hygiene